CURRENT JOBS AVAILABLE
Back-of-House Manager (posted June 15, 2016)
Franktuary is hiring a back-of-house manager/administrator to keep our kitchens (Market Square and Lawrenceville) and two food trucks going strong. Support our dedicated kitchen and truck crews with excellent communication, organized logistics, and tight cost management. Must love food and hospitality. Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people to achieve Franktuary’s mission and uphold Franktuary’s A+ culture of awareness, accountability, action, appreciation, and artistry.
Must have at least 3 years experience in leadership in a thriving full-service kitchen or 1 year experience as a general manager in a thriving full-service restaurant or comparable business.
Must demonstrate immediate competency with the following technology:
– Apple computers
– Google Drive
– basic spreadsheet editing in Excel or Numbers
Must be able to pass fluency test after a basic introduction to each of the following technologies:
– ScheduleFly software
– DinerWare POS
– Breadcrumb POS
– Square POS
– digital menu board programming
– Adobe Creative Cloud programs
Must have and maintain:
– PA driver’s license and no major moving violations or DUIs
– personal vehicle for transporting inventory to other locations and conducting inspections
– recent model iPhone or Android phone in good working order
Must demonstrate experience or exceptionally quick learning with the following skills:
– taking accurate food and beverage inventory
– calculating food costs using Excel spreadsheets
– accurate data entry for calculating product cost, placing orders, and evaluating invoices
– excellent written communication skills for representing Franktuary in emails to vendors and for communicating kitchen information to truck, FOH, and bar teams
– expoing, both front and back of the line
– scheduling staff to incorporate their strengths into organized teams
– evaluating staff and tracking their progress through Franktuary’s training modules
– firmly and consistently maintaining standards through conversation, inspection, and quality control (“constant, gentle pressure” – Danny Meyer, USHG)
BOH Manager will occasionally fill in for line cooks or on the food trucks in case of an emergency; otherwise, this is not a chef or line cook position.
40-45 hours weekly. Schedule can be somewhat flexible M-F, with heavier scheduling on Saturday and Sunday.
Competitive hourly wage
Health insurance option
Paid vacation option
For consideration, send an inspiring cover letter and comprehensive resume to email@example.com.
Our Management Philosophy (from: Franktuary Manager Handbook, October 2015 edition)
When a team member trusts you to lead them, you are expected to take that responsibility seriously. That’s why we make an extra effort to train you to model excellent leadership in the context of healthy relationships.
We believe that employees who are cultivated in a positive, organized, inspiring environment will bring their best selves to work and will add to the health, sustainability, and profitability of their work environment. We believe that the financial health of our business is directly correlated to the happiness of our staff.
That’s why we hire for integrity as much as for skill. Why we communicate expectations with clarity and openness for our team members and monitor their progress with feedback, evaluation, and discussion. Why we set up excellent systems and hold our teams accountable. Why we publicly appreciate one another.
Understanding how people work best is a passion of ours. We know leadership can sometimes seem overwhelming, but we believe in you. It is our pleasure to teach and guide you in managing your crew for success!